Date(s) - 21/08/2018 - 20/09/2018
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is accepting applications to the Funke Ilumoka Bursary for 2018.
The $500 bursary has been created in memory of Funke Ilumoka a respected, long-term employee and Community Kitchen Coordinator in DIVERSEcity’s Food Security Program. DIVERSEcity wishes to honour Funke’s memory and acknowledge her commitment and contributions to the newcomers she guided in the program over the years.
DIVERSEcity’s Funke Ilumoka Bursary will be awarded to an exceptional newcomer in British Columbia who has demonstrated that they have:
- Enhanced their work opportunities through the development of food related skills OR
- Enrolled in an educational program to pursue their food related career goal OR
- Been a champion of food security issues in the community.
The applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of DIVERSEcity managers and representatives of other community service providers supporting food security in the community.
- Applications available Monday, July 9, 2018
- Applications accepted until Tuesday, August 21, 2018
- Selection Committee will meet the week of August 20, 2018 at DIVERSEcity Community Recourses Society Community Campus
- Announcement of Award recipient Tuesday, September 5, 2018
- Award presented Tuesday, September 20, 2018 at DIVERSEcity’s Annual General Meeting