Salary: Grid 10; $17.47 - $20.34/hr.
Location: Surrey, BC
Last Date: 13/12/2018
Date Posted: December 6, 2018
Closing Date: December 13, 2018
Job Number: 1937
Job Title: Administrative Program Assistant
Position Type: Temporary, Full Time
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: Grid 10; $17.47 – $20.34/hr.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 31, 2019
Reports to: Manager of Refugee and Specialized Programs
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 200 staff; 360 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Administrative Program Assistant to join our team in Surrey, BC. The Administrative Program Assistant supports the Refugee and Specialized Program team.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Answering clients’ enquiries;
- Clerical duties including program correspondence, minute taking, reports and other documents;
- Track program expenses;
- Book/register clients for information sessions, workshops and individual appointments;
- Assist with internal and external program promotions;
- Assist with setting up rooms and resource materials;
- Assist with client follow-up and surveys;
- Compile and organize program statistics, files and resource materials;
- Order and administer bus ticket distribution;
- Petty cash;
- Opening and closing procedures;
- Program supplies inventories and performing all clerical duties.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Post-secondary training in Office Administration;
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in an office environment;
- Exceptional written and spoken English language communication skills;
- Computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and databases;
- Professional telephone manners and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum 50 WPM, typing speed;
- Experience working in funded programs and non-profit, preferred;
- Second language an asset;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic group environment.
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, men, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals.
If you are a self-motivated, individual who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email quoting “1937 – Administrative Program Assistant” to Meheret Bisrat at email@example.com
***Current employees of DIVERSEcity must apply via the internal application process and quote “1937 – INTERNAL APPLICANT” in the subject line. Current employees who apply to this posting after the closing date or without identifying as an internal will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply. ***
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.