Salary: Grid 10; $18.15 – $21.14 /hr.
Location: Surrey, BC
Last Date: 26/11/2018
Date Posted: November 19, 2018
Closing Date: November 26, 2018
Job Number: 1932
Job Title: Administrative Program Assistant
Position Type: Casual
Hours per week: On Call, Most shifts will be Tuesday – Thursday (evenings)
Salary Range: Grid 10; $18.15 – $21.14 /hr.
Start Date: December 10, 2018
Reports to: Manager of Language Training and Literacy Programs
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 180 staff; 360 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Administrative Program Assistant to join our team in Surrey, BC. The Administrative Program Assistant is responsible for the LINC program which has a student body of approximately 250 students.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Answering clients’ enquiries;
- Maintenance of wait lists;
- Student registration;
- Record keeping as required by iCARE;
- Liaising with instructors and daycare staff;
- Preparation of student letters, class lists and attendance sheets;
- Client referrals;
- Opening and closing procedures;
- Program supplies inventories and performing all clerical duties.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Post-secondary training in Office Administration;
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in an office environment;
- Exceptional written and oral English language communication skills;
- Computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office, iCare and other databases;
- Minimum 50 WPM, typing speed;
- Experience working in funded programs and non-profit, preferred;
- Second language an asset;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic group environment.
- Must be available to work weekdays, day shift (8:00am-4:30pm) and/or evening shift (5:15pm-9:15pm)
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, men, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals.
If you are a self-motivated, individual who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email quoting “1932 – Program Assistant” to Stephen Boyd at email@example.com
***Current employees of DIVERSEcity must apply via the internal application process and quote “1932 – INTERNAL APPLICANT” in the subject line. Current employees who apply to this posting after the closing date or without identifying as an internal will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply. ***
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.