Salary: Starting at 27.00 per hour (plus a comprehensive benefits package with defined pension plan-MPP)
Location: Surrey, BC
Date Posted: April 18, 2018
Job Number: E010
Job Title: Assistant Manager, DIVERSEcity Skills Training
Position Type: Exempt Management Full Time (35 hours per week)
Salary Range: Starting at 27.00 per hour (plus a comprehensive benefits package with defined pension plan-MPP)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 31, 2019
Reports to: Manager, DIVERSEcity Skills Training or designate
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 180 staff; 360 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Assistant Manager, Skills Training to join our team in Surrey, BC. The Skills Training Centre is a social enterprise that provides short term training on a fee basis for job seekers. The centre provides new immigrants and refugees with the skills necessary to find meaningful employment. The Assistant Manager’s role is to manage the DIVERSEcity Skills Training Centre and all aspects of operations under the direction of the Manager.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Manages the smooth delivery of 7 core courses;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of operations, staff and instructors;
- Provides supervision to staff and subcontractors;
- Identifies emerging needs to grow lines of business and revenue streams;
- Participates in short term and long range program and organizational planning;
- Stays abreast on sectoral trends and intelligence;
- Assists the manager with budget and financial planning;
- Attends meetings, tables and working groups to build relationships and referrals.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A university degree in business administration and/or relevant post-secondary training and/or experience. Demonstrate strong financial management skills;
- Two + years professional experience working in business development or operations;
- A valid occupational first aid certificate, or ability to obtain within the 1st month of employment;
- Experience supervising staff;
- Experience working in a social enterprise is preferred;
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills;
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving skills and ability to use discretion and judgement in decision making;
- Ability to work independently and collegially in a team environment;
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (especially Excel and Database);
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, men, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals. If you are a self-motivated, individual who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email quoting “E010- Assistant Manager, Skills Training” to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure full consideration for the position, all application materials should be received by May 11, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.