Salary: Salary, including comprehensive benefits package and defined pension plan (MPP) commensurate with experience
Location: Surrey, BC
Job Number: 1815
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Interpretation, Translation & Language Testing Services
Position Type: Exempt Management, Full Time
Salary Range: Salary, including comprehensive benefits package and defined pension plan (MPP) commensurate with experience
Reports to: Manager, Interpretation, Translation & Language Testing Services
DIVERSEcity’s Interpretation, Translation and Language Testing department is a is an industry leading social enterprise business unit providing critical language support services to the market in a fee for service model that integrates for-profit business processes into a social services mission driven organization. We are looking for a unique individual that brings a combination of strong business and leadership skills with a passion to make a difference in the communities we serve.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient delivery of services and the day to day administration and supervision of the Interpretation and Translation program area and the Agency’s Language Testing Services. Primary responsibilities include managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned programs, staff supervision, financial management, identifying emerging needs, assisting in the preparation of business cases and proposals for growth opportunities and assisting in the negotiation of contracts with customers and partners. The role also requires a high level of proficiency in leading and participating in short-term and long-range program and organizational planning.
The key areas of responsibility are:
• Administers assigned programs and services efficiently and effectively in accordance with contractual obligations and DIVERSEcity’s policies and procedures;
• Monitors and ensures service quality and operational efficiency in the department;
• Manages and resolves quality of service issues and incidents;
• Manages relationships with key customers and partner organizations;
• Coordinates the preparation of reports both internal and external and manages program analytics and data analysis to measure and monitor the performance of the programs;
• Ensures that the manager is informed and updated on program issues;
• Assists in the preparation of annual and long range plans for assigned programs;
• Assists in the development and monitoring of program budget and approves expenditures within spending authority;
• Assists in the preparation of RFP applications and proposals for new and repeat contracts;
• Attends meetings, conferences and participates on advisory committees as a representative of DIVERSEcity;
• Participates positively and cooperatively within a team partnership model, in meetings or when attending committees or events;
• Acts as primary interface with IT for system performance, enhancements and future development projects related to the CRM system;
• Manages and oversees the department’s invoicing, Accounts Payable and billing reconciliation functions.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• University degree in business administration and/or combination of relevant post-secondary training and experience;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a program management or supervisory position, or equivalent skills and training;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a for profit enterprise with marketing and operations experience and/or equivalent experience in a community based social enterprise non-profit society;
• Proven program and proposal development, administration, personnel management and budgeting skills;
• Demonstrated experience and fluency in CRM database systems;
• Demonstrated experience in financial systems related to billing, transaction processing, understanding of and experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions including collections and accounting reconciliation;
• Strong computer literacy skills (MS-Word, Excel, Internet applications);
• Advanced level of cross-cultural competency, knowledge of immigrant communities and settlement issues;
• Strong English written, oral and presentation skills;
• Strong organizational, time management and delegation skills;
• Excellent problem solving ability, discretion and judgment, high level of initiative and ability to work under pressure and timelines;
• Preference will be given to candidates with professional experience in the Interpretation and Translation business sector;
• Second language an asset.
At DIVERSEcity, we are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals.
If you possess excellent organization and time management skills, as well as a passion for working in a diverse multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive package including benefits and municipal pension. Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email with “1815 – Assistant Manager” in subject line; attention: Mike Glass at email@example.com.
Current DIVERSEcity employees must quote “1815 – INTERNAL APPLICANT” in subject line in order to be considered as internal.
We thank everyone who applies; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of Employment.