Salary: Grid 10; $18.15/hr - $21.14/hr.
Location: Surrey, BC
Last Date: 26/11/2018
Date Posted: November 19, 2018
Closing Date: November 26, 2018
Job Number: 1931
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Position Type: Casual
Hours per week: On Call
Salary Range: Grid 10; $18.15/hr – $21.14/hr.
Start Date: December 10, 2018
Reports to: Manager of Language Training and Literacy Programs
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 180 staff; 360 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Early Childhood Educator (On Call) to join our team in Surrey, BC. The Early childhood Educator is responsible for the care of children in an on-site childminding facility.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Be alert and responsive to children’s needs at all times;
- Foster a caring, safe and positive learning environment;
- Lead children in activities such as telling stories, teaching songs and leading discussions;
- Under the direction of the Childcare Coordinator, you will implement daily activities which relate to programming, and ensure that all activities are developmentally appropriate;
- Ensure the safety and hygiene of all children;
- Immediately report any instances of child neglect and/or abuse to the Childcare Coordinator.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Valid 5-year ECE License to practice certificate;
- At least 6 months of previous experience working with children in a group childcare setting;
- Previous multicultural or cross-cultural experience;
- Capability of understanding developmental indicators and be highly sensitive to the needs of young children;
- High degree of comfort around communicating with staff, children and parents/caregivers, as applicable.
- Standard first aid training and CPR training are required
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, men, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals. If you are a self-motivated professional who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email with “1931 – Early Childhood Educator” in subject line to Stephen Boyd at email@example.com.
***Current employees of DIVERSEcity must apply via the internal application process and quote “1931 – INTERNAL APPLICANT” in the subject line. Current employees who apply to this posting after the closing date or without identifying as an internal will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply. ***
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.