Location: Surrey, BC
Manager, Office Services (Facilities)
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society
The Office Services (Facilities) team plays a central role in the smooth running and success of DIVERSEcity Community Resources. The Manager, Office Services is responsible for office, facilities and property management as well as the development and maintenance of all related systems and projects. Working closely with the needs of the team, maintaining and recommending continuous improvement in infrastructure needs, this role provides oversight to vendors, contractors, suppliers and maintenance companies in addition to supervision of two direct reports in Office Services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures smooth operation of the DIVERSEcity offices including ensuring the functionality of office machines, photocopiers, faxes, and phone lines and troubleshooting or arranging repairs through the appropriate vendors;
- Manages office facilities, and liaise with Property Manager on various items (security, building access, repairs);
- Oversees and sources all aspects of office & facilities planning – including working with key managers on office layout and seating arrangements to maximize space efficiency and coordinating office moves when required. Coordinates the purchase of office furnishings, new office set up, tenant improvements, sourcing new buildings and general building maintenance;
- Coordinates offsite document storage;
- Manages properties Emergency On-Call systems and all aspects of security protocol for the agency through alarm code management. Also assigns levels of clearance and issuance and record of maintenance keys and security fobs and is on-call for all security breaches including after-hours
- Chairs monthly Occupational Health and Safety meetings and ensures fire extinguishers and equipment are checked monthly and annual inspections are scheduled as required. Oversees daily operations to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for staff and clients and is responsible for internal risk assessment and property reviews as well as emergency planning;
- Provides supervision and leadership to the Office Services Team;
- Performs tasks such as hiring, disciplining, establishing work schedules, assigning work, monitoring and evaluating work performance, determining training requirements;
- Ensures coverage of front desk and reception;
- Monitors and controls related expenditures in accordance to budgets;
- Works with the Finance team to ensure accurate invoicing, payment to vendors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least three to five years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in management and facilities systems in a NPO environment;
- Grade 12, plus completion of a post-secondary program of at least two (2) years in project management, facilities/property management, office administration, etc.;
- A bachelor’s degree is highly desired;
- Level 2 OFA or above, and previous Occupational Health and Safety experience are considered assets;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of staff;
- Demonstrated technical experience with building and operating systems (HVAC, control systems, alarms, plumbing, electrical) and procurement;
- Capital asset management experience;
- Property acquisition, negotiation of leases and property management experience is mandatory;
- Strong financial management skills and demonstrated experience in working with managing budgets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in dealing with an inter-disciplinary management team;
- Experience in implementing sound office management policies;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and vehicle to carry out duties;
- Physically fit to carry out the duties/responsibilities inherent in the position.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@dcrs.ca quoting E014-Manager Office Services.
We truly appreciate all applicants; however, we will be in contact with only those selected for an interview.