Salary: Salary, including comprehensive benefits package and defined pension plan (MPP) commensurate with experience
Location: Surrey, BC
Job Number: 1809
Job Title: Senior Manager, Employment and Language Programs
Position Type: Exempt Management, Full Time Salaried
Salary Range: Salary, including comprehensive benefits package and defined pension plan (MPP) commensurate with experience
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 150 staff; 160 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
The ideal candidate for Senior Manager, Employment and Language Programs is a seasoned senior level manager who has a wealth of experience in developing, implementing and managing a wide variety of federally and provincially-funded programs. Advanced knowledge of the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Department of Employment and Social Development, B.C. Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology funding is sought. Our successful candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and be eager and experienced in growing revenue through strategic monitoring of existing contracts and sourcing new opportunities through strategic partnerships.
The key areas of responsibility are:
• Providing oversight of the contract management of both federally and provincially-funded English language and employment programs through guiding and coaching 3-5 managers who are responsible for the day-to-day management of English language classes, employment and skills training programs, ensuring that the day-to-day management of programs within the Employment and Language Programs portfolio are being well managed (human resources management, financial management, identification of emerging needs, program reporting and ensuring contract deliverables are being met.
• Providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to managers in developing and growing programs and services to meet the identified needs of clients and the agency’s strategic goals. This will include increasing overall revenue through innovation, developing new partnerships and diversification of revenue streams including responding to Calls for Proposals/RFPs and Requests for Qualifications, as well as through fee-based service delivery.
• Working collaboratively with the Agency’s Senior and Executive Management teams, to minimize and manage organizational risk, as well as plan strategically for program and organizational growth and stability. This will involve staying abreast on provincial and federal funding changes relevant to this portfolio and sectoral trends and intelligence in part through active participation in sector working groups or conferences, community meetings and planning tables.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• A university degree in business or social science and/or relevant post-secondary training and/or experience.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in program management and development (especially federal and provincial government funding).
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a community based non-profit society.
• Minimum of 7 years’ general supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising the work of experienced managers.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity, proven problem solving ability, discretion and judgement in decision making.
• Strategic thinking and long range planning and proven ability to establish, maintain and grow partnerships for mutual advantage.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
• Experience with managing LINC, EPBC and other provincially and federally funded programs in the areas of literacy, English language training, employment and skills training programs.
• Experience developing and delivering fee based services, in addition to successfully winning government contracts and bids.
• Experience with blended and online program delivery models.
• Experience managing within a unionized environment will be considered an asset, as will knowledge of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock, and/or Langley communities.
Please note that flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, as needed, will be required, as will a BC Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle.
At DIVERSEcity, we are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including defined pension plan.
If you are a self-motivated, seasoned manager who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email to Tahzeem Kassam, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of Employment.