Electrical Foundation Harmonized Program for construction electrician careers
Looking to start trades training for an apprenticeship or career in the construction industry? Have your plans been impacted by COVID-19?
Join this 25-week ITA and PTIB approved Electrical Foundations training program, in partnership with ACE Community College, to gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a construction electrician.
Learn how to:
- Solve practical problems in mathematics for electricians
- Demonstrate safety and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Use essential skills in troubleshooting and computers
- Read and interpret drawings and manuals
- Apply the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) regulations and standards
- Install low voltage distributions systems and control devices
- Install and maintain raceways, cables, enclosures, branch circuitry and communication systems
Students will receive:
- Weekly participation allowance
- 19 weeks of class training
- 5 weeks of guaranteed work experience
- 1 week of job search support and career coaching
- Connections to job opportunities post-completion
- Youth aged 15–29 who have been impacted by COVID-19, and are seeking training to obtain a job
- Must reside in BC and be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons entitled to work in Canada, and must have a social insurance number (SIN)
- Unemployed or precariously employed (i.e., part time, seasonal, casual)
Register for the next session! Limited seats available
Registration opens July 5, 2021, and the program starts August 2, 2021. To apply, please contact our employment team by calling 604-547-1311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.