Work with Us
Build a career with meaning at DIVERSEcity
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is an innovative and inclusive registered charity with a 45-year history, looking for inspired team members who want to build a career with meaning.
Help us drive change and make a difference in the community. In turn, as a values-driven employer, we are here to invest in your career growth and wellbeing. Build the career you want at DIVERSEcity.
As one of BC’s largest employers south of the Fraser River, with more than 250 employees, DIVERSEcity is a unique and dynamic place to work. We are profoundly committed to the diversity and inclusion that our name promises, and display this in our hiring practices, as well as our culturally informed and innovative approach to the delivery of programs and services. We value growth, respect, integrity and compassion.
Benefits and how we work
Our people are the heart of DIVERSEcity and make our organization what it is. We understand what matters most and that is why we’re proud to offer great benefits, professional growth, culture, and wellbeing for our employees.
We offer great benefits:
- A comprehensive 100% employer-paid extended health benefits package
- 9.69% contribution by DIVERSEcity to our Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) with an employee contribution of 8.5%
- Hybrid work options available depending on the nature of the position
- Generous paid vacation time
- Access to 10 paid sick days per year
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program including wellness programs and resources
We support your professional development:
- DIVERSEcity is committed to the ongoing professional development of all its personnel and assisting them in enhancing their skillset.
We encourage work-life balance:
- Most of our roles are hybrid
- Flexible 9-day fortnight schedule option after completion of the probationary period (for exempt positions only)
- A paid wellness week in December for employees to rejuvenate (this is over and above the annual vacation entitlement)
We are inclusive:
- Transparent pay structure with pay equity audits every two years
- Starting salary is listed on each job posting
- More accessible practices, such as providing mobility aid, accessible locations, disability accessibility with assistance when possible
- Annual review of all HR policies and procedures with a justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) lens
- Fair compensation practices followed when taking on interim higher roles
DIVERSEcity is committed to the critical work of re-centering and amplifying those voices and perspectives that have been marginalized through systemic inequities. We will prioritize applications from BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) voices, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, people with disabilities and/or people with intersectional identities. If there are ways in which we can remove barriers to your full participation in this recruiting process or if you have any questions surrounding the role or DIVERSEcity as an organization, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
New Opportunity: Chief Financial Officer
DIVERSEcity is working with Harbour West Consulting to recruit a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CFO is a crucial member of the DIVERSEcity Executive Leadership Team (ELT), with a key role in ensuring the achievement of DIVERSEcity’s vision and strategic plan. The CFO is responsible for shaping the organization’s financial vision and providing leadership to develop and execute effective financial management strategies. This includes ensuring compliance with financial reporting requirements, addressing the unique challenges, and modernizing our financial processes to enhance flexibility and agility. In addition, the CFO serves as the Chief Financial Officer for the newly applied DIVERSEcity Foundation.
Learn more on Harbour West Consulting’s website here. Should you be interested in learning more about this opportunity with DIVERSEcity, please contact Harbour West Consulting at 604-998-4032 or forward your resumé, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for three references, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVERSEcity is one of the largest contractors of interpreters and translators in B.C., and is always seeking qualified interpreters. Our Skills Training Centre is always on the lookout for qualified workshop leaders. We also offer opportunities in housekeeping, cleaning, maintenance and related services, often in connection with our Better At Home program.
Our human resources department is happy to answer your questions. Email email@example.com.