Want to work in accounting or payroll? Need training to get the skills to move your career forward?
Join this free program delivered in partnership with Discovery Community College! Get hands-on training to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes that will prepare you for work in a variety of administrative roles within the business community. You will:
• Learn about bookkeeping for business
• Get training on Sage Accounting and QuickBooks software
• Learn about the payroll process and other employment standards
• Earn a college certificate from Discovery Community College
Program starts September 27, 2021. Accepting applications now!
• Only 24 seats available.
• 20 weeks of class training; 3 weeks of work experience
• Transportation and nutritional allowance of $125 per week for 20 weeks
• Individuals who, at the time of training, are unemployed or employed part time,
seasonally, casually or precariously employed
• Must be seeking training to find a new job, prepare for changing job requirements
or new job opportunities (or self-employment) in the community
• Must be residents of BC who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected
persons entitled to work in Canada, and must have a social insurance number