Looking to start trades training for an apprenticeship or career in the construction industry?
Fully Funded, ITA and PTIB approved, 20-week Electrical Foundations training is delivered to unemployed immigrants, youth and other individuals, case-managed by Work BC. Up to $650.00 per week living support along with other benefits such as day care, transportation, books and supplies etc. are provided.
- $650 Weekly participation allowance
- 15 weeks of class training
- 4 weeks of guaranteed work experience with electrical employers.
- 1 week of job search support and placement support follow-up
- Connections to job opportunities post-completion
Program starts March 20, 2023. Limited seats available.
- Established a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months
- Have earned more than $2,000 in EI earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in 5 of the last 10 years (Note: the 5 years do not have to be consecutive years)
- Is a British Columbia employment and assistance client.
- Referred by a Work BC Centre with an Action Plan
To register or for more information, call 604-547-1224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.