Are you an employment specialist or CCDP in the nonprofit sector?
Join DIVERSEcity’s Employment team for this special professional development opportunity. Hope-Action Theory and practice provides a framework for understanding and working within the challenging times we are in. Listen to Norm Amundson and Andrea Fruhling, PCC in this two-part series, and learn to combine the hope-action theory with the award-winning actively engaged approach (Active Engagement) to career development to implement career exploration and decision-making experiences that are memorable, and provide clients strategies to incorporate hope-action within their journey.
Part 1: September 21, 2021, 9 am – 1 pm
• Understand key mattering concepts at the personal and organizational level.
• Learn to “tune” in and leverage the power of metaphors in career conversations.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the client and career practitioner’s journey through
• Practise using storytelling to discover hidden strengths and values while learning to
listen and identify patterns in the stories around us.
Part 2: September 28, 9 am – 1 pm
• Expand your range in working with metaphors, using physical movement and card sorts.
• Learn to use the “Workplace Attractors” Card sort in career-focused applications.
• Engage in the Individual Style Survey assessment to better understand who you are.
• Identify goals and plan for the future.
Fees for training are $325 per participant and payable to DIVERSEcity upon registration.
Register by calling 604-547-1260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org