Anti-racism Engagement Sessions at DIVERSEcity – Racialized Seniors Engagement Session
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is proud to be part of a province-wide initiative to help combat systemic racism in BC. We are one of 70 community organizations that have been awarded funding by the Ministry of Attorney General to conduct engagement sessions with the people we serve on race-based data collection.
DIVERSEcity is holding two engagement session with racialized seniors to share their experiences of discrimination and discuss how anti-racism data legislation could be used to address systemic racism.
- January 17, 2022, 11 am–1 pm
- Virtual via Zoom or in person at DIVERSEcity Surrey Community Campus (TBD)
- 13455 76 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3W 2W3
Want to take part in the Racialized Seniors Engagement Session (Session One) at DIVERSEcity?
As a participant, you will be asked to take part in an engagement session with our consultant focused on four key areas:
- How you are represented in the data
- Collection of race-based data
- Access and use of race-based data
- Impacts of using race-based data
In these sessions, we will discuss your experiences accessing government services and discuss how anti-racism data legislation could be used to address systemic racism. The engagement sessions will be 90–120 minutes in length.