Learn to navigate the complexities of health and safety in BC.
This three-session course provides an introduction to health and safety, the act, regulations and following safe work practices set out by WorkSafeBC.
- Gain the knowledge and skills to be safe at work and know your rights
- Learn about WorkSafeBC, the act and regulations
- Learn about the duties of employers and employees to ensure compliance to health and safety regulations and establish a health and safety management system
- Become confident in hazards identification, risk assessment, incident reporting, emergency preparedness and evacuation, and more
Three-session course fee: $350*
- Taught by industry experts who teach the latest in-demand skills
- Open to all jobseekers (Canadian citizens, immigrants and temporary residents)
- Fee-based (subsidies may be available through WorkBC)
- Online courses taught via Zoom video conferencing. A free Zoom link will be emailed to registered students.
- Students require internet access and a computer/smartphone with microphone, camera and speaker, for online classes. See other specific requirements for each course below.
- Some in-person classes are held at DIVERSEcity Surrey Community Campus (13455 76 Avenue, Surrey, BC) and hosted at WorkBC Centres throughout the province.
For more information or to register, call 604-547-2010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit dcrs.ca/stc.
*Subsidies may be available through WorkBC.