Salary: Grid 10; $18.15/hr. - $21.14/hr.
Location: Surrey, BC
Last Date: 12/11/2018
Date Posted: November 5, 2018
Closing Date: November 12, 2018
Job Number: 1927A
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time
Hours per week: Wednesdays 12:00-5:15pm
Salary Range: Grid 10; $18.15/hr. – $21.14/hr.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: December 21, 2018
Reports to: Manager, Volunteer & Community Programs and Manager, Refugee and Specialized Services
Note: This position is supplemental to posting 1927B – Early Childhood Educator
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a unionized not-for-profit agency, established in 1978. We build and strengthen diverse communities by delivering the broadest range of services that embrace cultural inclusiveness and that celebrate the strengths found in our differences. We value respect, care, resiliency, diversity, leadership at all levels, innovation and trust. The Society employs an estimated 180 staff; 360 contracted interpreters and translators; and 200 volunteers who collaboratively deliver programs and services to support the successful settlement and integration of new immigrants and refugees into the communities of Surrey, North Delta, White Rock and Langley. Please visit www.dcrs.ca.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Early Childhood Educator to join our team in Surrey, BC. The Early Childhood Educator is responsible offering child-minding to refugee and immigrant children while their parents and grandparents participate in programming in the Settlement, Community Programs and RISE departments.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Be alert and responsive to children’s needs at all times;
- Foster a caring, safe and positive learning environment;
- Lead children in activities such as telling stories, teaching songs and leading discussions;
- Under the direction of the Childcare Coordinator, you will implement daily activities which relate to programming, and ensure that all activities are developmentally appropriate;
- Ensure the safety and hygiene of all children;
- Immediately report any instances of child neglect and/or abuse to the Childcare Coordinator.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Valid 5-year ECE License to practice certificate;
- At least 6 months of previous experience working with children in a group childcare setting;
- Previous multicultural or cross-cultural experience;
- Capability of understanding developmental indicators and be highly sensitive to the needs of young children;
- High degree of comfort around communicating with staff, children and parents/caregivers, as applicable;
- Standard first aid training and CPR training are required.
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, men, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We are a community where everyone feels they belong and can achieve their goals.
If you are a self-motivated, individual who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment, we want to hear from you! Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email quoting “1927A – Early Childhood Educator” to Fiona Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Current employees of DIVERSEcity must apply via the internal application process and quote “1927A – INTERNAL APPLICANT” in the subject line. Current employees who apply to this posting after the closing date or without identifying as an internal will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply. ***
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.