YES Mentorship Program
Youth Employment Services YES and DIVERSEcity are excited to partner up to serve and inspire youths! The YES Mentorship Program aims to connect youth to expert mentors (Industry Leaders) in order to build capacity, employability, networks and foster entrepreneurship in young people through establishing supportive, caring and trusting relationships with mentors.
Join our YES Mentorship Hub through Ten Thousand Coffees, giving hundreds of youth the opportunity to seek and find mentors to help guide them in their career journey or entrepreneurial endeavors!
A Call for Mentors
By participating in this program, you will be receiving all of the amazing benefits associated with being a mentor. You will have the opportunity to refine your own leadership skills, develop talent for future prospects of your profession and get personal satisfaction from making a difference to the career development of a mentee in need! Soon you will be able to engage in mentoring relationship with a client by receiving monthly mentorship introductions with a mentee to make a positive impact on their lives.
We are looking for volunteers of diverse professional background. All are welcome to apply
As an Industry Leader (expert mentor), you would:
- Have over 5 years of professional experience
- Develop caring, nurturing and supportive relationships with vulnerable youth as they join the workforce
- Be a caring adult and positive role model encouraging and coaching mentees to meet their career goals
- Work collaboratively with the YES Coordinator and the DIVERSEcity team to provide critical feedback informing ongoing engagement with mentees
- Create a Mentor Profile on the YES Mentorship Hub
- Learn best practices on being a mentor
- Receive a monthly match with a youth who we think you would be a great mentor for and begin a personalized mentoring relationship that works for you and your schedule. We ask that you meet at least 1 time in the month you are matched, and volunteer 10 hours of mentoring throughout the year
- Receive a Vulnerable Sector Search Police Reference Check Clearance
- Be willing to share your career discovery story
- Enjoy interacting and engaging with diverse youth
- Be an advocate for youth development
- Active listening skills
- Participate in our pre-screening process, emails and phone calls