S.A.H.A.R.A. Employment Program for Men
Empowering racialized men with multiple barriers such as substance abuse to get back into the labour market
To accommodate our participants during COVID-19, we are customizing our next program starting on June 8.
We take a supported employment approach to help men facing multiple barriers find their place in the labour market. The S.A.H.A.R.A. program allows you to earn while you learn and offers:
• Participation allowance and tuition fee support
• Individual and group workshops and one-to-one coaching (counselling, life and employability skills)
• Basic computer and digital literacy training
• Free occupational skills training
• Opportunities for paid work experience (workboots provided if required)
$250 bonus for completing three months’ of employment or post-secondary education!
Exclusively for men who are:
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours/week
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
And may have experienced additional barriers to employment:
- Health, anxiety, depression or addiction issues
- Criminal record
- Lack of basic education and skills to obtain employment
The program is offered in English, with language support in Punjabi and Spanish.
Are you interested in joining this program, or would like to refer someone? DIVERSEcity offers free online weekly info sessions, where you will learn more details about the S.A.H.A.R.A. program and get the opportunity to ask questions. To attend an info session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
S.A.H.A.R.A Program Start Dates
We have continuous intakes with program start dates as follows: February 24, June 8 and September 21, 2020.
For more information about the S.A.H.A.R.A program, please call 604-597-0205 or email email@example.com.