Newcomer Family and Friend Caregiver Support Program
Supporting newcomers who provide care for senior friends or relatives
Are you a newcomer caring for a senior (55+) friend or family member? Let’s talk one-on-one about your needs as a family caregiver for a senior.
We are here to help:
- Provide information about the care system in Canada
- Connect you with services that help you care for the seniors in your life
- Help you make appointments to access services in the care sector
- Connect you with respite services
- Provide ongoing emotional support
The program also offers:
- Informative workshops on caregiving topics such as senior-friendly home modifications, care services, health concerns, legal issues, end-of-life support and non-medical support services
- Skills training workshops including First Aid and Food Safe
- Community kitchen sessions where you’ll learn how to make healthy and budget-friendly meals
- Support groups led by a clinical counsellor (available in English, Punjabi and Mandarin)
Register or make a referral
For more information, call 778-549-2863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know someone who would benefit from this program?
Make a referral