SAFE Community Clinical Counselling
Surrey Anti-Gang Family Empowerment Program
Download our Referral Form
As part of the Surrey Anti-Gang Family Empowerment Program, a coordinated response to address youth violence in Surrey, DIVERSEcity provides the SAFE Community Clinical Counselling program to children and youth, and their families, who are at risk of being recruited into gang activities.
With a focus on South Asian, Arabic and other diverse communities, our services are free, culturally informed, confidential and available in first languages.
Counsellors provide both one-to-one and group-based supports to increasing confidence, self-esteem and connections to family, culture and community — for both children and youth as well as their families.
With the help of the SAFE program, you will get:
- One-to-one clinical counselling support
- Group therapy sessions on various topics including psycho-education
- Group sessions aimed at creating awareness about gang violence in Surrey
- Coordinated supports through Surrey’s Children and Youth At Risk Table (CHART)
- Children and youth between the ages of six and 19, and their family members, residing in the City of Surrey who are at risk of being recruited into or are involved with gang activities
Learn more and register for SAFE Clinical Counselling
To learn more or register for the SAFE program, please call 604-547-1202, email email@example.com or download our referral form.